Please view Testing your Bread Integration for instructions on testing your integration.
During testing, please confirm the following:
- Bread buttons are clearly displayed on product and cart pages
- Changing the product quantity should update the Bread button $/month price
- Selecting higher or lower priced product variations or selecting product add-ons should update the Bread button $/month price
- Bread buttons successfully open the Bread modal when clicked
- Bread is available as a payment method on the checkout page
- Checkouts completed from product and cart pages are recorded in both the Bread merchant portal and the Shopify orders list
- Checkouts completed through the standard checkout flow are recorded in both the Bread merchant portal and the Shopify orders list
Filling Out the Bread Modal
Notes on testing Bread in sandbox mode:
When filling out the Bread form, feel free to make up ‘borrower’ credentials – no real credit is pulled, and no texts or emails are sent by Bread.
A few things to note:
- Any name, address and email
- Mobile Number: A random sequence of 10 digits – don’t use duplicates or sequential numbers (e.g. 555-555-5555 or 123-456-7890)
- Birth Date: A birth date before 2000
- Last 4 Digits of SSN: 07xx (Any 4-digit number starting with 07, such as 0789) to simulate approval, or 0400 to simulate denial
- Mobile Code / Token: 1234
Confirm Orders in Shopify and Bread Merchant Portal
Before going live, you should confirm that orders made through Bread are captured in both the Shopify orders list as well as the Bread Merchant portal. First, complete a few checkouts with Bread (in sandbox mode) from a product page, the cart page, and through the standard checkout flow. Once those checkouts are completed, navigate to merchants-sandbox.getbread.com and confirm that all completed checkouts were recorded. In a separate tab, navigate to Shopify admin and select Orders from the menu on the left. Confirm that each transaction in the Merchant portal has a corresponding record in the Shopify Orders list.
Shopify Order Info
Bread Merchant Portal