Installing Bread on Shopify is a two part process. Part 1 covers installing Bread as a payment option on the checkout page of your Shopify store. Part 2 covers installing Bread’s full funnel solution on all product and cart pages.
The Bread Payment Gateway
Enabling the Bread Payment Gateway allows customers to select Bread as a payment method on the Shopify checkout page. When customers select Bread at checkout, they are redirected to the Bread pre-qualification and checkout experience before ultimately returning to your standard purchase confirmation page.
Install and Configure the Bread Gateway
- Create an account at the Bread x Shopify payments gateway portal: https://shopify.getbread.com/gateway
- Enter the Sandbox public and secret API keys located in your merchant portal sandbox at merchants-sandbox.getbread.com.
- If your Success manager has approved your account to “auto-settle” transactions, select Auto-Settle Gateway Payments and click Submit to save changes
- Keep shopify.getbread.com open in your browser — you will need it on step 8
- Install the Bread gateway with this url: https://www.shopify.com/login?redirect=authorize_gateway%2F1020110 (You may be prompted to sign into your Shopify admin console)
- Click Install Payment Provider to confirm installation of Bread payment gateway
- The Bread payment gateway should now be available in Settings > Payment providers > Alternative Payments
- Go back to shopify.getbread.com from step 4 and copy the Gateway Key and Gateway Secret under Gateway Credentials
- Return back to the Shopify Admin and find Bread under Settings > Payment providers > Alternative Payments
- Expand Bread by clicking Edit – Note: Bread might be expanded already
- Select Use test mode
- Enter the Gateway Key and Gateway Secret from step 8 and hit Save
- Bread is now a payment option on your live site — if you are not ready to test the Bread Gateway, click the Deactivate button
Confirm that Bread is now a Payment Method
Your Bread payment gateway should now be enabled. You can confirm this by running through a standard checkout in your Shopify store and looking for Bread at the payment step.
Note: If you activated Bread as a payment method, customers will be able to see and select Bread on your live store. We recommend activating and testing Bread during low-traffic hours as Shopify does not offer a preview mode for alternative payment gateways.
Currently, the Bread option displayed in the payment method step cannot be customized due to Shopify’s constraints.